looking for ways to make the Arma 3 online MilSim experience more dynamic, fun, realistic, and challenging!
We all like the custom mission which our groups may play, but from time to time we love some PvP action! We thought why not combine the 2 elements to create a dynamic milsim environment with some healthy competitiveness. That is exactly what we did! And we would love you to be part of it!
- Starts: 7th of january 19:00 GMT
- 8v8 Team vs Team
- 7 custom made PvP maps
- Twitch stream / commentator
- Our TS and server hosted.
- Steam group: VIKING PMC Tournament
- Links to Maps Collection (Feel free to play / practice / strategise before) : HERE
Our mission devs have created a number of team based PvP scenarios that we know you're going to enjoy. The plan as we see it is to gather a certain number of groups who want to test their metal in the field to participate in the first annual Viking PvP Tournament.
The basic format will be as follows; squads will be pitched in knock out rounds until we have two squads left (final). They will fight it out on the battlefield for first place. We will host the event server and teamspeak server, so all you need to do is show up and play.
The missions are 8v8 objective based PvP missions but of course if you can only field 7 men on the day then we'll make sure to match you with a squad of the same numbers. This is something we'll all discuss on the day before we kick off the event. We will also be streaming the event but you are of course free to stream it to your followers too.
These are the following mods we suggest you download. Click the links to download.
- Required: CBA_A3
- Required: Task Force Arma 3
- Optional: ShackTac User Interface
INFORMATION, RULES & TL:DR
- Maps: Altis & Tanoa (DLC required)
- Scenario: Team vs Team (8v8)
- Number of teams: 5
- Knock-out stages: Group-stage, quarter-finals, semi-finals, finals
- Match winning conditions: BO1 on group-stage, BO3 on quarter, semi, final
- Tournament winning conditions: Win quarter, semi and finals
Communications, In our Discord group you’ll find a channel called #tournament. Here all the information about the tournament will be displayed. After each game our announcers will update you with the score and who’s up next. For Teamspeak, make sure your group is able to join and have TFAR setup beforehand. Games, Group stages will be BO1 which will qualify your group for quarter, semi and finals. The knock-out stages will be BO3.
Time & Date, 7th of January, 19:00 GMT. Viking will be available from 10:00 GMT.
- Disconnection, game issues & disqualification
- In case a player is not able to continue a round, e.g. due to a technical fault of any kind, his or her team will still have to complete the round without the player.
- The use of any type of cheat, exploit, or any form of unsportsmanlike behavior, will lead to instant disqualification of the team. The opposing team will automatically be ruled as the winner of that round.
Server administration & refereeing
- Matches will be hosted on a closed server maintained by VIKING Staff. All team members are requested to be present in the appointed server lobby 5 minutes prior to a match.
- Participants are expected to follow the instructions from the organizers at all times.
- What it is: A friendly community skirmish for fans of Arma
- Teams are a selection Arma community groups, devs, and other special guests
- Prize for the winning team is eternal glory
- Matches will be live streamed on Twitch/VKNPMC
- Keep track of for all the latest Tournament updates on Twitter/VKNPMC
I LIKE IT, WHAT NOW?
- Teamspeak ip: tsgb1.vilayer.com:10074