What is ATC about?
The ATC is a campaign, a series of battles between two organized factions. Each campaign simulate operations between two opposite companies consisting of infantry squads, armored, recon, logistic sections and air support, reflecting nearly real combat balance, leaded by the respective faction commanders.
At the start of the campaign each faction has in control a number of areas, each one consisting of 3 sectors. Each battle consists in a side trying to conquer an area and the other side trying to defend it. The goal of each side/faction is to control the majority of the areas at the end of the campaign.
Each side, or Company, is formed by alliances between different Units, each Unit will provide combat forces to the alliance according to the Unit specialization.
A bit of history
Starting in 2008 with Arma1, there have been 7 big campaigns so far, varying from 9 to up to 15 battles, in different scenarios, Sahrani, Chernarus, Takistan, Celle2 and Altis.
There are several features that make the ATC gameplay unique, all with the aim to have tactical, teamwork orientated, well organized and enjoyable battles.
- First person only, No Crosshair, Termal is Disabled, Radar is Disabled.
- No side chat, only markers allowed to enforce correct radio comms.
- No vehicle respawn, weapon and vehicle restrictions depending on your role.
- Player’s respawn is limited by personal tickets and disabled completely in the final phase of the battle. The respawn feature is configured so that it allows a continuous flow of gameplay, but also gives room for units to make critical moves / strikes while their opponent is recovering. That way you gain terrain and you will be able to seize and hold your objective sectors. Penalty for death are not to be taken lightly, the respawn is only in base and, due to to the large maps, it will take quite some time to get back into the area of operations.
- Specific rules to conquer the sectors making the capture not an easy stuff as you need a critical amount of attackers and defenders beyond a critical number.
Edition #8 of the Campaign will start on September 3rd with a Preliminary Battle that will serve as general test and warm-up.
Some novelties will be introduced in this edition, affecting the general gameplay, in particular we will use ACE3, we will add new vehicles and roles, and several new features. You can read the specific features of the Edition #8 in the ATC#8 presentation.
In short the essential infos:
- Scenario: Altis
- Battle area will span both the west and east part of the island.
- Mods: CBA; ACE3 (ATC version); @ATC8; Task Force Radio
- Battle day and time: Sundays at 18.00 UTC
- Preliminary battle date: September 3, 2017
See you in the Battlefield!
Videos: see Arma Tactical Combat Playlist!
The Organiser | Clan BDR
Clan BDR: founded in 2008 (Arma1), our group is entirely committed to the Arma series since the first release, Arma1.
We play both coop and PvPs, and we are “specialised” in organizing large scale operations, such as Arma Tactical Combat and Rolling Thunder. But you are welcome to contact us for smaller Joint Ops as well, we enjoy playing homemade peculiar TvTs simulating mil-sim operations, all without respawn!