CTF-00001 - Uniform restriction is not working

• Thank you received: 7
Type: Bug
Impacted version: 3.6
Impact: 2.High
Priority: 2.High
Environment: Live
Mods: Vanilla
Detailed description: OPFOR (Red team) players can change their uniforms from a killed body. BLUFOR (Blue team) can only remove his own uniform.
Steps to Reproduce: OPFOR: Kill an enemy and take his uniform and cap. BLUEFOR, can only remove his own uniform.
Related Report: #62-13102020

Fix Version/s: 3.6.1
RLN Description: Players could switch uniforms. The restriction was no longer working.
RLN Fix Description: Disabled ground container, preventing player from interacting with the ground.
RLN Impact: Gameplay exploit, game mode breaker
Last edit: 12 Jan 2021 11:00 by Flash-Ranger.
13 Oct 2020 12:53 #63
The topic has been locked.
  • Thank you received: 7
Reproduction on Live servers show that the GearLock function (fn_GearLock.sqf) is not disabling the displayCtrl as it should.
Is the function executed at all ?
No Error displayed on screen.
Extracted mission file from the server to check locally.
By adding hint "log"; at the beginning of fn_GearLock.sqf I can confirm that the function is executed successfully.

Further testing shows that the function works fine until you interact with a body or with the content of the inventory.
Research in the Arma 3 Feedback Tracker revealed bug T153325
"enable" was enabled for a short time then reverted because it caused unspecified problems with handling of controls. [i]ctrlEnable[/i] called from [i]onLoad[/i] EH is safe however. A bit inconvenient but at this stage any deep engine changes are not possible. Won't fix.
After talking to Arma 3 developers, this doesn't seem to be the right lead so I am doing more testing.

It appears that a new Display 602 is being set on top of the current one each time you interact with an item.
To work around this issue, I have to disable the Ground container Control (Config Tool > RscDisplayInventory > GroundContainer > Idc=632)

fn_GearLock.sqf
((findDisplay 602) displayCtrl 632) ctrlEnable false;
Last edit: 15 Dec 2020 18:36 by Flash-Ranger.
13 Oct 2020 18:11 #65
The topic has been locked.
You are here:

#PLAY NOW

#OUR COMMUNITY

Forum
Terms
Steam

#BOHEMIA INTERACTIVE

#SPONSORS & PARTNERS

#Sponsors
#Partners

#ABOUT ELECTRONIC SPORTS MASTERS™

Electronic Sports Masters™ (ESM), is the world’s largest e-Sports organizer that produces online PvP video game competitions focused exclusively on Arma 3 and upcoming games in the series of Bohemia Interactive a.s.

social twittersocial tssocial discordsocial linkedinsocial twitchsocial youtubesocial steamsocial arma3 units social patreon social paypal

S5 Box

Login

Register

Armed Assault, ArmA: Combat Operations, ArmA: Queen's Gambit, Arma 2, Arma 2: Free, Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead, Arma 2: Combined Operations, Arma 2: British Armed Forces, Arma 2: Private Military Company, Arma 2: Reinforcements, Arma 2: Firing Range, Arma 3 Alpha, Arma 3 Alpha Lite and Arma 3 are trademarks of Bohemia Interactive. Operation Flashpoint is a trademark of Codemasters. This website is not affiliated or authorized by Bohemia Interactive a.s. Bohemia Interactive, ARMA, DAYZ and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of Bohemia Interactive a.s.